Sunday, November 25, 2012

Little Miss Sunshine

Since my last post, I have packed up my life into 25 boxes, booked a plane ticket for my pop and scheduled a pick up for a 10ft U-haul truck. Two days from now I'll be on the road headed south on I-5.

And it couldn't come soon enough.

The past 4 weeks in the old witch's house have been a living Hell. It's been so stressful having to avoid someone who NEVER LEAVES THE HOUSE. The strategies that I've found to be the most successful are to either A.) hide in my bedroom all day or B.) be gone most of the day. Scheduling meals has been the most difficult aspect to my avoidance tactic since the witch manages to always be in the kitchen. I often wonder what she does down there. How is it possible to spend so much time in a kitchen? It's not Disneyland for Christ's sake. Suffice to say, I haven't been eating as heartily as I'd like these past few weeks. I'm going to have to make up for it when I get home. I've even made a list of all of the places I'm going to eat at. Here's some of the top contenders:

*Krua Thai
*La Parilla Suiza
*Pei Wei
*Cherry Blossom Noodle Cafe
*Rubio's 
*Pita Jungle
*Wok Express

Since my last post winter has come to Washington and you know what I think about Washington's winters? I FUCKING HATE THEM! All this time I thought I hated being hot the most but guess what? I hate being cold even more. When you don't have any meat on your bones and no else's body heat to absorb at night, being cold is a bitch. And what's even worse is the dampness in the air. It's soggy and muddy everywhere I go and don't even get me started on the pine needles! Dried, stinky pine needles get everywhere! And the old witch keeps leaving notes for me and Alyssa (the good roommate) to vacuum them--like we're the only ones who bring them in. The other night Alyssa and I went to see "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" and had a grand ol' time. When we returned there was a huge note in green ink on our bathroom door telling us to vacuum the stairs in the morning and to be "courteous to others". Ummm...you know what would be even more courteous? To stop leaving passive-aggressive GD notes all over the GD house! 

(Did I mention that I hate this woman?) >_________<

The next morning I went to work and when I got home it was super late so I didn't want to wake the beast by vacuuming so I thought I'd do it after work the next day since I would be home at 7pm. So that next evening I got home and vacuumed all the stupid pine needles. When I went up to my room there was the note AGAIN. She had fished it out of the garbage can and put it back on the door!! She's totally nutzo! GAAAHHHHH!

I just have to keep telling myself that in 2 days it'll all be over and I'll never have to see her again.

Anywho, the last two weekends were fun because my friend Nikki, her boyfriend, and I went to Seattle. We wanted to see the King Tut exhibit that was at the Pacific Science Center. The first time we went downtown I drove us...which was a wee bit stressful. I am not going to miss driving around Seattle one bit. No sir. It took me about half an hour to find a parking space and when we got to the Science Center they told us King Tut was sold out for the rest of the day. Fuck. We'd already paid for parking so we went to the EMP museum. Honestly, it was pretty boring. There was a Nirvana exhibit and a Hendrix one and I'm not too keen on either so I was pretty "meh" the whole time. The Science Fiction Museum was connected to the EMP so we checked that out as well. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a sci-fi fan so that museum was wasted on me too. For dinner I had MOD Pizza though, and that was awesome! 

The next weekend we went back (we'd pre-ordered our tickets this time) but took the bus. It was my first time riding the bus actually. It took over an hour to get to downtown since the 520 bridge was closed so when we got to Seattle it was already 1:45pm and our reservations were at 2pm so we had to haul some major ass. It was windy in addition to being rainy so Mama was not too pleased. At least my makeup looked good.







The exhibit was pretty badass...I just wish we'd been able to enjoy it more. There were about 100 people crammed into each segment of the exhibit so you had about 30 seconds to look at each piece before you were literally being shoved out of the way. I was also disappointed that the sarcophagus and the death mask weren't there. Bummer. After King Tut we checked out the rest of the Science Center. The coolest part was the tropical butterfly sanctuary. We got to go inside and have the butterflies flying all around us. It was pretty neat! We even got to see one coming out of its cocoon while we were standing there. Once again I had MOD for dinner and it was the yummy. I wasn't too thrilled about walking back to the bus terminal at night in the rain so Nikki bought us tickets to the monorail. It's amazing how short of a ride it was. I think it was like 2 minutes? It dropped us off at the mall (the bus terminal was underneath the mall) and while we were going down the escalator we passed a shop called Daiso Japan. Nikki's boyfriend saw me staring at this shop with giant eyeballs and said, "You can go in there if you want. We're in no hurry to get home." 

OHMYGOSH! 

This was the cutest store ever! Everything was $1.50 and it was Heaven. I filled an entire basket up with goodies for less than $20. While in the mall I also stubbled across this:




 Gawd, I love Boo. He's my spirit animal.

We took the bus back to Kirkland and when we got back to my car I had a parking ticket on my windshield. What a great way to end an otherwise awesome day. >___< That's the last bit of money that Washington is getting out of me. Hey Washington, quit bein' a dick!

Here's some good news though! Since I'll be home the first week of December that means that I'll be able to see "The Hobbit" with all my mates! I'm going with my girls Maddie, Jackie and Heather and we're wearing matching Hobbit t-shirts because we're awesome. I seriously can't wait. It's going to be the best.

Man, it's gonna be great to be home :3




No comments:

Post a Comment