Wednesday, March 12, 2014

25 Days and Counting

The count down timer to Europe is now at 25 days and I'm kind of FREAKING OUT! How did the time go by so fast? Now that we're getting so close to departure I'm feeling like I'm forgetting to do something. But what? I guess I do have to go to my bank and tell them what countries I'm visiting and what dates I'll be there. I finally picked out all of my clothes so that's done. I dunno, maybe I'm just have a Home Alone moment where I think I've forgotten to do something.

Oh, one thing I've decided to do is have a get together with my friends when I return. Originally, I was just going to do this trip and then be done with my birthday but my friends want to do something with me to celebrate since they won't be with me on my actual birthday. I think I'd like to go dancing. The last time I went dancing was kind of a let down. We went to that Art Gala thing at Crescent Ballroom and it turned out to be about 75% older people (like I'm talking seniors). Also, nobody was really dancing so we felt weird being the only ones dancing. Eventually all of the drunk people got on the dance floor but they still had all of the lights on and it just was...weird. So I think we'll go to The Duce next time. I'm still a bit too young to be dancing with the old folks. Plus I'd like to see the babes on (near?) my birthday (or any day).

Btw, Monday was a really great day. My bestie, Ashley called me up out of the blue and told me she wasn't doing anything that day. Coincidently, I didn't have any plans either so I asked her to COME ON DOWN! First we got lunch at my new favorite restaurant, The Tea Lite Café and it was crazy delicious. Then we went to Target and I picked out all of my travel toiletries I'd need. Apparently, toiletries can add up really really fast because I walked out of Target with $70 less than when I walked in. But I did buy a new hairdryer and they're not exactly cheap. Anyway, later that afternoon we hiked up North Mountain. I've been a couple times now and it seems to get easier every time. I was worried that Ashley was going to die since she hadn't exercised in a long time but luckily, we both made it to the top in once piece. I always feel like a million bucks after I climb to the top of a mountain (and the positive feelings last a few days too). After our hike we went to Trader Joe's to get dessert as a reward for our effort but wound up getting pizza at Whole Foods instead (a solid choice). We ended the day with crafting and "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Twas a very fine day :)

Pretty soon it's going to be a hundred billion degrees outside so I'd like to do as much outdoorsy activities as I can while the weather is nice. I'd like to tube the Salt River again this summer so that's something we can still do when it's hot as ballz.

Btw, I colored my hair today just so it'd be a little darker for my vacation and YOU CAN'T TELL I DID ANYTHING!!!! It's maybe one shade darker, if that. I might as well have flushed my $7 bucks down the toilet :/

Okies, I better get ready to go home. I'm can't wait to go home and finish "A Storm of Swords"!! I haven't been able to put it down for 2 days!!

Good night, my little flowers! :3


No comments:

Post a Comment