Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hang in there, baby

This past week has been so not the mama. I've been sick since last Wednesday and am still feeling pretty crummy. It's hard to get well when you have to work 10 hours a day almost everyday. Ugh. Everyone at my work has been sick too and I think we're all just passing our germs around. On top of that my mom fell down for the second time this month and that's been really stressful. She's getting x-rays today but I'm pretty sure she's broken something since she hasn't been able to get up on her own at all since she fell. So I've been filling in as her nursemaid and it's been really hard on me both physically and mentally. I never thought this would happen. That my mother who was once so strong and vivacious would become so fragile and delicate at only 62 years old. To be honest, I don't really know if she's going to be around one day to the next. I do appreciate that my family allowed me to come back home after things didn't work out in Seattle but I also think that my dad has been using me as a free caregiver for the past 2 years. I've had to take my mom to the ER several times since I got back to Arizona and to be honest, if I hadn't come home I don't think she'd still be with us. I'm glad I was there to help her but at the same time it's taking its toll on me.

My mom is always on my back about why haven't I found a husband blah blah blah but how am I supposed to date anyone when I work 50 hours a week and have to care for my elderly mother? I just don't have the time and men don't seem to be too enthused about dating someone in my "situation" anyway--so I've found out. My current life plan has been to stay with my folks for one more year so I can have a sizeable amount of money saved up to put towards my first home but with everything that's been going on this month, I'm wondering if I can handle living with my family much longer. It's putting me in a cruddy situation too because I really don't want to have a roommate again but I don't have enough saved up right now to live by myself if I were to move out in the next few months.

Some positive things, though, my business has been BOOMING lately. Booming a bit too much, haha. It's weird but as soon as I accepted the full time position at my day job I started to get flooded with orders. I absolutely love making hoops for people and my customers have been lovely but I haven't been able to take a day off in weeks. At least my vacation is almost here and I can just relax and not worry about everything going on at home. I've also decided not to take on any more custom orders next month since I want to have lots of new work prepared for my art show in March. I'm pretty excited about that and I think it'll be great for me to meet other artists and do some networking (and possibly meet someone cute!)

Well, if you have any good vibes you could spare, I'd really appreciate it. I have to get well in the next few days so I can be healthy for Thailand and I need my mom to be alright so I'm not just worrying about her the whole time I'm gone.

Thank you!

(And here's some new art to tide you over until I return)
Ice King Embroidery $45.00
Guy Farting Embroidery (SOLD)
Pikachu Embroidery (SOLD)

BMO Embroidery (SOLD)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment