Sunday, January 12, 2014

It's Poetry in Motion

Le Me
 Thanks to modern technology something magical happened yesterday. Two friends who live an ocean away from each other got to have a face to face conversation via Skype. To be honest, I was pretty nervous worrying that she might hate my voice or think I was weird or something. I've met a few online friends in person and it's always exciting to hear their voice after only imagining what it sounds like. Usually, people tell me that my voice is a lot higher and girly than they imagined it would be (I'm not sure why people would assume that I have a scary deep voice).

It was so cool to get to see her wee face (I had only heard her voice once in a video she made me over a year ago) and hear her adorable accent again. I love loved seeing her laugh and just being super cute. It made me really happy too how well we got along. It think it'll be a  great time. We're both very enthusiastic and excitable girls so I think there will be a good energy on the trip.

My favorite thing she said was when I asked her what kind of stuff she wanted to do on the trip and she said, "Oh, I don't know, take pictures of you when you're sleeping." (SO GOOD)

The Lovely Melissa
We organized this meeting to discuss plans for our upcoming Europe trip since I'm going to be meeting Melissa in Glasgow. I had had some free time so I did some research on cheap and/or free things to do in each city we're visiting (free might be my favorite word in the English language). In case I haven't already mentioned it, here's an updated list of the cities we plan on visiting during our Euro Adventure:

*Glasgow
*London
*Amsterdam
*Copenhagen
*Berlin
*Paris
*Versailles

I was surprised by how many things we can do for free in Europe but I guess some of the best things in life are free, right? I'm just super stoked to simply wander around and explore these cities and soak up all of the history and culture. There are a few museums I'd like to visit but we found out that many of them don't charge any admission fee (party. bonus.) What's probably going to cost the most will be transportation and lodging but we're going to try to get transportation cards whenever we can and stay at youth hostels and maybe a few b&bs. I'd like to take a train at least once but for longer distances we'll probably be flying since flying is getting cheaper and will save us some time (maybe).

Oh, man! I am just so excited for this! It's going to be such an adventure and we're going to make so many memories. I CANNOT wait to take a billion selfies with Melissa. Can you even imagine it? A buddy pick of Melissa and I in front of Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower? It's MADNESS! Only 11 more weeks to go! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!




2 comments:

  1. Do you know at all where you'll be staying yet? I recommend Three Ducks hostel in Paris. It's definitely a hostel-y hostel, not a more hotel-y one but it's a great place to meet other travelers. I stayed with friends and family in London and Copenhagen so I don't have tips on those. Go to Christiania while you're in Copenhagen, but be careful about taking pictures. Make sure there's no people in them unless you get permission and no pictures of kids. Also, I think you can't take pictures on the main "street". You'll have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My traveling companion is in charge of figuring out where we'll be staying but I will tell her about the Three Ducks :D And thank you for the tip about Christiania! We def plan on visiting there so I'll make sure to be discreet with my photography. I'm soooo excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete