Saturday, May 25, 2013

I'm the one who knocks

So far this weekend has been pretty pretty pretty good. I've watched a crapload of tv but that's okay, as long as it's in moderation, right? In case you're curious I've watched "Our Idiot Brother", "Dirty Girl", "My Week with Marilyn" and some of season 2 of "Game of Thrones". I must say, I have some damn good taste in tv, I'll tell you what.

But I didn't just watch tv. I've gotten a lot of work done too. Courtney works hard and she plays hard. I finished a Breaking Bad hoop and it sold in less than 24 hours! Then today I got a commission for a Fancy Beasts animal portrait so I've been a busy little bumble bee. 

The buyer of the Heisenberg hoop (pictured below) was an old art school buddy of mine. He drove over to my neck of the woods to pick up the hoop and we got to catch up as well. Always good to get updates on other Herberger Institute of Art and Design alumni. While we were shootin' the breeze I bumped into another friend of mine who I hadn't seen in years. My friend and I had wanted to take a picture together with the embroidery when a woman offers to take our picture. I look up and I'm like, "Oh mah gawd!" I've known this girl since I was 12 and now she's a married lady who's just about to have her first baby. Time sure does fly, doesn't it? However, I feel like my life is more like the movie "Big" played backwards. I feel as though I'm becoming more of a kid with each passing year, haha!


Anyway, I've probably already said this before but it feels SO GOOD to sell something you made. For an artist, there isn't any better feeling. I've been meaning to buy a map and start putting pins in it to keep track of all the places my art is. It's cool to think that my art is all over the world now and that a part of me has traveled to distant lands and over vast oceans. Neat, huh?

Oh! Another thing I wanted to mention is that today I bought a disposable camera and the reason I bought this camera is because I'm going to be doing a project with my pen pal called "camera swap". If you haven't heard of it (I hadn't til a week ago) let me explain it to you. So both you and your buddy buy disposable cameras and take pictures of your life and the things around you. Once the camera is full you mail it to each other and get it developed. What makes this a special project is that only your buddy will ever see the pictures you took, not you. It's like sending a part of your life to another person to share. I'm very excited about this project and am already thinking about places I want to photograph. I took 2 pictures today so only 25 to go. My friend lives in Texas, which I haven't really spent any time in but I'd like to do this same project with my pen friend in Scotland as well. That would be a super cool exchange since our environments are so vastly different. So yeah, you should try it with a friend :)

Okies, I better get back to work but I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and have a nice holiday!

Take her easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment