Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Phoenix in Phoenix

Last night I saw one of my favorite bands, Phoenix, at the Marquee Theater in Tempe. I must say it was a spectacular show, in fact, one of the best shows I've been to in recent memory. I was worried that they were going to play mostly songs from their new album "Bankruptcy", which is being released soon, but surprisingly, they played songs mostly from their last album "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix". I was hoping they would play my favorite song "Too Young" but sadly, it wasn't included in their set. No matter, I had a great time singing along and jumping around to killer tunes. It made me reminiscent of my younger days bouncing in my seat to Blink 182 and Weezer at America West Arena (now US Airways Arena). Those were some good times. Anywho, Phoenix's vocalist, Thomas Mars, was a fantastic performer. He jumped into the crowd several times and I was overwhelmed with the desire to touch him! It was so weird! I'm normally pretty weird about human contact but having one of my favorite musicians so close to me turned me into a creeper. Unfortunately, my creeper fantasies were thwarted by about 2 inches (I couldn't reach him) but my friend got to. Better one of us did than none of us, I suppose.  Here's some photos from the show:
Photo courtesy of Sharleen Chen
Photo courtesy of Sharleen Chen
 Since I don't have that much disposable income at the moment I'm unable to go to very many concerts so this concert was an extra special treat. When I do have money again I'd like to see these bands/artists in concert (if they ever visit Arizona):

*Foster the People
*Florence + the Machine
*Two Door Cinema Club
*Metric
*The Black Keys
*Ellie Goulding
*Vampire Weekend

Moving on from the music topic, I had a job interview today that turned out not to be for the job I thought I was applying for. I applied for an office assistant position at a preschool and even noted that that was the position I was applying for THREE times on my application. The person who I was interviewing with managed to go through the entire interview without mentioning once that she was interviewing me for a TEACHING position!! ME!! TEACHING!! I thought it was quite odd that she needed me to take a Tuberculosis test as for a receptionist job but then she started asking me what age range of children I'd like to work with...that's when I had to say, "Wait, I applied for an office assistant job. Is this for a teaching position?" It was. And what's really funny is that she was ready to hire me! The World's Least Child-Friendly woman being a preschool teacher. Good grief!

I have another interview on Thursday for an actual receptionist position which sounds a lot more suited to my skills. I hope it goes well. I'm really really tired of being unemployed (although I'm positive I'll miss being unemployed the day I go back to work). 

I'M IMPOSSIBLE!

P.S. 10 day til my b-day! AAAAAHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment