Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Birthday Approaches

Yesterday was a fun day. I attended my Harry Potter bookclub (although I've read them loads of times but I'll take any opportunity to talk about Harry Potter). As usual we didn't discuss the assigned reading very in depth. Mostly we just talked about random topics including but not limited to cats, food, shoes, etsy, lion king, crafts, tobogganing, and okcupid. 

Maddie found us a Patronus test since we're currently reading "The Order of the Phoenix" and my patronus was a Snowy Owl. Not too shabby. The best part of the meeting was looking at Harry Potter book cover art from its various translations. Some were pretty wicked but others were just...strange to say the least. Anyway, I must say that I'm very happy to have met all of these lovely ladies. I don't think I've ever had an entire group of female friends. I usually hang out with one or two friends at a time and they usually belong to separate social groups so it's refreshing to have a whole gang who are all friends with each other. I'm also happy that these girls are active and like to go out and do things. I've always been a bit of a homebody and it's gotten a little stagnant over the years so I'm really enjoying going out more and trying new things. 

In other news, I'm currently planning my 29th birthday party. Since this will be my last year of my twenties I've decided to have a "Kid Party" theme. Everyone will dress in kid's clothes and we'll play lots of games. I might even buy an ice cream cake :p

I'm still in the midst of my job search but in between I've been working on inventory for my Etsy store. Here's my most recent embroideries: 


I guess that's all for now but if it's not too much to ask, keep your fingers crossed that Mama finds a good job soon. Thanks, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment